Become an AHA Instructor Today!
CSRE is actively recruiting professionals to provide quality education in CPR and advanced cardiovascular care. “If you are passionate about saving lives, motivated to facilitate learning, feel comfortable in group settings, and find it easy to make complex concepts understandable to others, then you may be a perfect candidate.”1
Instructor Course Overview
The American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor Essentials Course has several components and requirements. For this reason, be sure to ask a training facility what is included in their course. Ensure you understand what additional purchases may be required, what support you will receive during the course, and what their policies are to renew your instructor certification.
- Instructor candidates must first request alignment with a Training Center and complete a Candidate Application. CSRE is excited to welcome you as an affiliate of Vitali Partners!
- You must have a current AHA provider certification card in the discipline you wish to teach. If your certification has expired, CSRE can work with you to complete this requirement as part of your instructor course.
- The Instructor Essentials course includes both an eLearning component and an in-person training class, followed by an instructor skills demonstration called the “Monitored Class”.
- The CSRE Instructor Course registration fee includes the purchase of required course materials. This includes your AHA Instructor Manual, Student Workbook, and Instructor Videos.
Why choose CSRE for your instructor course and affiliation?
- CSRE includes the Instructor Manual, Student Workbook, and Instructor Videos in our course fee. Because of this the instructor candidate doesn’t encounter unexpected costs along the way.
- CSRE will assist you in aligning with a national Training Center; in other words, once certified you can teach classes in any state (including Hawaii and Alaska).
- To remain active, the AHA requires instructors earn 4 teaching credits over two years. CSRE asks instructors to earn those credits with two classes or skills sessions in each year.
- If you teach for CSRE, we will assist you with setting up classes and receiving student registrations. We’ve already established a rapidly growing customer base and, with minimal information from you, we can enable you to reach students on your schedule at your pace.
- If you are an active instructor with us, then the cost of your renewals and updates may be reduced or even free.
Instructor Course Information
Click one of the information links below for details on instructing in a specific discipline:
- BLS Instructor (Inclusive Course Fee, $385)
- ACLS Instructor (Inclusive Course Fee, $550)
- PALS Instructor (Inclusive Course Fee, $550)
- Also offering, Heartsaver® Instructor (Inclusive Course Fee, $485), or include the Heartsaver Instructor materials to your BLS Instructor Course for $300
If you are interested in more information or are ready to start an Instructor Course, please fill out our Instructor Candidate Intake Form so we can get you registered.
Upcoming Instructor Classes