In any organization, there are a lot of acronyms and they sometimes can be confounding. In this post, we hope to clear up some of the confusion regarding American Heart Association Training Centers (TCs) and Training Sites (TSs).
Per the AHA Program Administration Manual (PAM), the hierarchy of the American Heart Association Training Network is organized per the below image:
A Training Center is closely aligned, in fact it is contractually aligned, with the AHA Training Network. A Training Center may, at it’s discretion, organize itself using Training Sites that then help to coordinate instructors.
CSRE and Prime Medical Training
For the purposes of the remainder of this post, CSRE is an affiliated Training Site of Prime Medical Training, our Training Center.
Training Centers (TCs) are responsible for:
- All instructors whether directly affiliated with the training center or through their training sites.
- The administration and quality of all ECC courses, whether delivered directly by the TC or aligned TSs and instructors, regardless of the course location.
- Providing aligned instructors and TSs with consistent and timely communication of any new or updated information about National, Regional, or TC policies, procedures, course content, or course administration that could potentially affect an instructor in carrying out his or her responsibilities.
- Serving as the principal resource for information, support, and quality control for all AHA ECC Instructors aligned with the TC.
Training Sites (TSs) must:
- Conduct AHA courses by following the guidelines outlined in the PAM and in the Instructor Manual for each discipline the TS is approved to teach.
- Meet the same standards as TCs with regard to equipment and instructors in each discipline that the TS will teach.
- Maintain course and instructor records meeting the same requirement and standards of the TC and submit reports as requested to the TC.
- Appoint a Training Site Coordinator (TSC) who meets the defined position requirements and who is approved by the Training Center Coordinator (TCC). The TCC must designate Training Faculty for each discipline taught at the TS so that quality monitoring, mentoring, and evaluation of instructors will be met.
Are you interested in becoming an AHA Instructor, or aligning with a new Training Center? Learn more about CSRE Instructor Courses here.