Do I have to complete the AHA eLearning HeartCode® Course first?
The cognitive learning, or classroom instruction, portion of your course should be complete before arriving for your skills session appointment. Please print and bring with you – or email to firstname.lastname@example.org – your Certificate of Completion. If you need assistance with how to locate the certificate, which follows the course evaluation, please see the instructions at the bottom of this page.
If you are participating in an ACLS or PALS course or session, you will need to present your valid BLS provider certification at the start of the course or session. You should eat a good breakfast, wear comfortable clothes, and arrive at least 5-minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in.
What happens during the skills session appointment?
The AHA and CSRE understand that not everyone learns best through an on-line video course. The skills session appointment is an opportunity to:
- Ask brief questions of the instructor for clarification or further explanation of the material covered in the course.
- See a demonstration of and practice with the manikins and equipment covered in your skills session.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the cognitive learning through hands-on scenarios.
- Specific and detailed information on the skills applicable to your course can be found here:
- Heartsaver Skills Session
- BLS Skills Session
- ACLS Skills Session
- PALS Skills Session
Please note that we ask you to arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. You may be paired with another student during your skills appointment and arriving early ensures that you can both begin the appointment on time.
When will I receive my AHA Provider Certification eCard?
Upon successful completion of all course requirements, you will receive an AHA Provider Certification eCard within 24-hours. The email to claim your card will come to the address you provide on the roster at check-in, from email@example.com. Be sure to check your Junk and Spam boxes before contacting CSRE to inquire about the status of your card.
How do I locate my Certificate of Completion on the eLearning site?
- Sign in to elearning.heart.org.
- Click on your name.
- Select Certificates and Ecards from the drop down. This will take you to the Completion and CME/CE Certificates.*
- Click on the envelope to email the certificate or click on the down arrow to download a copy.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the AHA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (888) 242-8883 Option 1. We are open Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.
*You must complete the survey evaluation of the course before you will receive your certificate of completion.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have further questions or need to change or cancel your registration. Review our Cancelation Policy for details.
We look forward to helping you succeed before, during and after your course!